Sunday, March 18, 2012

"Ninya gokko"

One of your fondest childhood memories

Now, I came back to my homestay, and I am in rush of writing this blog. I have played “seek and hide” with boys and girls who were friends of my host brothers. It was not same as Japanese seek and hide because after we hided ourselves, we also had to run away from the tagger in here, so it was like the mixing game of seen and hide plus tag; however, I enjoyed a lot. I think I am still young! I remembered we had played normal seek and hide a lot in Japan when I was child, then it also reminded me of the fondest my childhood memories.

My fondest childhood memory is “Ninjya make-believe”,; we have called it "Ninjya- gokko" . Ninjya is a kind of Japanese spy. It was that we can be Ninjya, and we trained as Ninya.

When I was 10 years old, I and my two cousins found small space for playing at my grandfather’s yard. After we found it, we decided there was our secret “Ninya refuge”, and we made a Ninjya team. We have trained how to run fast, how to stay silently, and my grandfather made bows from bamboo, so we have practiced the bow. We have played seek and hide, but it is really serious for us, because we are Ninjya. If you were found, we have to escape from them! or fight with them. So sometimes we escaped well as Canadian seek and hide, and it was so excited for me. I remember my oldest cousin said “this is our secret refuge, so don’t tell anyone”. My heart was beating when I heard it, and it is so good old days for me.  

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute! story Shiho chan! although I can still believe that you don't like sushi too much! haha. Childhood memories are the best, everytime I want to smile I remenber this days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ceci-chan! nowadays i like sushi...lol
      i also want to smile it!

      Delete
  2. I believe that I am Japanese, but I don't know about "Ninja Gakko"...lol
    let's play this game with 400/450 students! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is kind of "00 gokko"! let's play it after i go back:P

      Delete
  3. I love the story!haha
    Your grandfather is so nice:) I can imagine you tried to bocome a ninjya! I wish I could have been a member of your secret Ninjya team.

    ReplyDelete