Sunday, April 22, 2012

Don't Make Light of the Garage

Today I went to a garage auction in one of the country side of Winnipeg. At first, we looked around the stuffs of the auction, and I found the box of some books and DVDs. That box was attracting me a little bit, but even if I just want to buy one book and one DVD, I had to buy the hole of stuffs, so I could not decide to buy it. But my host grandfather said it is ok to buy all because they can sell the rest of them on our garage sells, so now I regret…. So next time I will try to bit!  Say “Yeap”:D!

After that my host mother tried to get a desk for her son’s study desk, and her bit; then she won! They got some, and they also could not, but it was interesting to see and hear auction buyers and auctioneer because it was too fast to catch the words, even for Canadians, they said! However, my ear was got used to hear it, so I could get some words like “Will you bit 12 then 12 now 15 you how about 15 15 1515 you out it’s 15 once 15 twice anybody? Then, it’s yours”…I think it was kind of this.lol  Our family got some stuffs and we went to garage sell next, and I and Noriko(Who lives in my host mother’s house…hikaru’s last house)bought two sunglasses for 2 dollors!!!! These are roots!!!! I was soooo excited!
 It was first time to see the auction and I did not like auction, but I could enjoy a lot! Also I really recommend that you go to garage sell! You must meet some treasure for you.

6 comments:

  1. I want to experience a garage sale!! My homestay mom said this season is good for a garage sale :) Next time, buy many things you want to have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can go there soon! don't lose good stuffs!

      Delete
  2. I love garage sales too because I am always looking for a good sale! I am glad that this was a memorable experience for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i just like cheap things...lol but i like that kind of shops! so cool!

      Delete
  3. I also went to a garage sale near my house last weekend!!
    That was nice and wanna go again!

    ReplyDelete