A bride’s change of costume
Primarily, it means to change white kimonos to colored kimonos, but nowadays many brides want to enjoy wearing western dresses, so it is common to change white kimonos to colored dresses. While they are changing clothes, it is normal to show some performances or videos for guests not to bore them.
“Oiro naoshi” is inherently meant “the bride is not colored from everyone, so she wear the white kimonos(she is pure), and have a wedding ceremony. After that, she will be colored from that groom’s house color, so she will wear colored kimonos ”
Now, recent “Oiro naoshi” has been said like there are two types of origin stories.
1)The first one is that: from Nara period(A.D.710~784) to Meiji period(A.D.1868~1912), all wedding clothes were white, and a bride had continued to wear white kimonos(not same one, I think) for 3 days; then in the 4th day, she was allowed to wear colored kimonos. Now, it became just to be speedy, and everyone finish that custom in the party.
2)The second is like this: until before 1945, it was common to have wedding party in the groom’s house; then a bride went to his house, and she had showed some bridal stuffs to every guests. After that, it became to be that custom.
Every girl wants to wear many dresses as possible, but it is so hard to change clothes again and again… 3times is the most normal, but I heard someone did 7times! It was crazy, but I guess that was the fabulous party. I want to just 3times… or 2. If you want to try it, just come to Japan to have a wedding party! I will help you ;)
I didn't know some information. Thank you for sharing:D
ReplyDeleteKimono looks beautiful in this picture. I wanna try both kimono and wedding dress if I can.
me neither,lol you can also try buddish one, can't you?;P
DeletePlease read my blog!haha
DeleteIt says Buddhist Wedding is mostly only for Buddhist. I may not try that one unless I become a Buddhist.
Oh, it is interesting. In korea, there is also traditional wedding ceremony. I'll write it down just around the corner. :)
ReplyDeletenice, from now on, i gonna study japanese cultual stuffs!
DeleteWow, it was interesting to know about the white kimono! It looks very pure :)
ReplyDeleteyep! i really like this thought!
DeleteOh, it's an interesting post to me:) For reference, changing dress of a bride is that twice is common in Korea wedding~
ReplyDeletereally?? it is simmilar but different!
Delete